Kindergarten Splash Day is postponed until Monday, June 16th.
3rd Grade Field Day and BBQ is postponed until Tuesday, June 17th.
Dear WHES Families,
Wow! It is so hard to believe how quickly the school year went by. With June now here, we would like to remind everyone about all of the end of year special events. Please keep up to date with everything by checking out our school calendar on this website. We would also like to remind you about our early dismissal days this month which are: 6/9, 6/23, 6/24, 6/25 & 6/26. All students will bring home their report cards on the last day of school, June 26th. In the report card envelope, parents will also find the summer reading information as well as a school supply list for September. The first day of school is Thursday, September 4th. We would like to wish you all a happy, fun and safe summer vacation!
Mrs. Esposito & Mr. Reiner
- In a weather related two hour delay schedule, all half-day AM kindergarten classes are cancelled. School for all other students starts at 11:07am. Student drop off begins at 10:52am. Please do NOT drop off your child before that time as there will not be staff on hand to supervise children.
- All visitors are required to present Photo ID when signing in at school.
- The next PTA meeting will be a joint meeting with Haverstraw Elementary School at West Haverstraw in our library.
- School starts at 9:07 and ends at 3:46 for all students in grades 1-3 and Mrs. Pade's full day class.
- Half Day AM kindergarten starts at 9:07 and ends at 11:54. Half Day PM starts at 12:59 and ends at 3:46.
- If driving your child to school, follow all traffic signs in our parking lot and drop off area. Never leave your car unattended in the drop off lane. Staff members will be on hand to assist all students every morning.
- Student drop off starts at 8:52. Please DO NOT drop your child off before then as there will be no student supervision.
- If you need to pick your child up before the regular dismissal time, please send in a note to your child's teacher or call the office ahead of time. We ask that you not pick up between 3:30 and 3:46. This is a very busy time in the classrooms as teachers are giving important directions and children are in the process of packing up. Any interruption in the class during this time affects all students. Picking up your child from school early should be the exception and not the norm. Please try to schedule appointments well after dismissal when at all possible to avoid loss of instructional time for students.
- Dismissal is at 3:46 pm. If you are picking up your child at dismissal time, you MUST enter the library to meet your child and sign them out.