Dear WHES Families,
We'd like to take this opportunity to wish all WHES families a very happy holiday and a healthy new year. Next week, we will be sponsoring a spirit week to raise money for two WHES families in need. Both families are experiencing catastrophic illnesses within their immediate families. We are trying to raise some funds to make their holiday season just a little bit brighter. Please see the calendar for a list of upcoming events for next week.
Mrs. Esposito & Mr. Reiner
Here are some important reminders about our school for this month.
- All visitors are required to present Photo ID when signing in at school.
- The next PTA meeting will be a joint meeting with Haverstraw Elementary School at West Haverstraw in our library.
- School starts at 9:07 and ends at 3:46 for all students in grades 1-3 and full day K.
- Half Day AM kindergarten starts at 9:07 and ends at 11:54. Half Day PM starts at 12:59 and ends at 3:46.
- If driving your child to school, follow all traffic signs in our parking lot and drop off area. Never leave your car unattended in the drop off lane. Staff members will be on hand to assist all students every morning.
- Student drop off starts at 8:52. Please DO NOT drop your child off before then as there will be no student supervision.
- If you need to pick your child up before the regular dismissal time, please send in a note to your child's teacher or call the office ahead of time. We ask that you not pick up between 3:30 and 3:46. This is a very busy time in the classrooms as teachers are giving important directions and children are in the process of packing up. Any interruption in the class during this time affects all students. Picking up your child from school early should be the exception and not the norm. Please try to schedule appointments well after dismissal when at all possible to avoid loss of instructional time for students.
- Dismissal is at 3:46 pm. If you are picking up your child at dismissal time, you MUST enter the library to meet your child and sign them out.