Dear WHES Families,
We are so pleased to announce that our school reached its goal in donations for the American Heart Association in the Jump Rope for Heart this February. In all we collected $5,200.00 making us the second highest fundraising school in Rockland County. Our school will be recognized for this accomplishment at the Town of Haverstraw's next board meeting on April 14th with a special presentation from town supervisor Howie Phillips.
Our 100th day of school was such a great day. The students collected over 500 food items to donate to the St. Peter's Food Pantry. We are so thankful for your generosity and involvement! There are wonderful "animoto" videos posted on our webpage. Please scroll down the page to view them. Have a great month!
Mrs. Esposito & Mr. Reiner
- In a weather related two hour delay schedule, all half-day AM kindergarten classes are cancelled. School for all other students starts at 11:07am. Student drop off begins at 10:52am. Please do NOT drop off your child before that time as there will not be staff on hand to supervise children.
- All visitors are required to present Photo ID when signing in at school.
- The next PTA meeting will be a joint meeting with Haverstraw Elementary School at West Haverstraw in our library.
- School starts at 9:07 and ends at 3:46 for all students in grades 1-3 and Mrs. Pade's full day class.
- Half Day AM kindergarten starts at 9:07 and ends at 11:54. Half Day PM starts at 12:59 and ends at 3:46.
- If driving your child to school, follow all traffic signs in our parking lot and drop off area. Never leave your car unattended in the drop off lane. Staff members will be on hand to assist all students every morning.
- Student drop off starts at 8:52. Please DO NOT drop your child off before then as there will be no student supervision.
- If you need to pick your child up before the regular dismissal time, please send in a note to your child's teacher or call the office ahead of time. We ask that you not pick up between 3:30 and 3:46. This is a very busy time in the classrooms as teachers are giving important directions and children are in the process of packing up. Any interruption in the class during this time affects all students. Picking up your child from school early should be the exception and not the norm. Please try to schedule appointments well after dismissal when at all possible to avoid loss of instructional time for students.
- Dismissal is at 3:46 pm. If you are picking up your child at dismissal time, you MUST enter the library to meet your child and sign them out.